Join us for FAMILY FUN, FOOD & FIREWORKS!
6th Annual Picnic and Fireworks
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Rain Date: Saturday, June 24th
5:00 to 9:00 PM · Fireworks at approx 9:10 PM
Henri A. Yelle School Field
Visit our Facebook Page for the latest information about our 2017 celebration!
To become a Sponsor, please view and download the forms below:
To become a Vendor, please view and download the form below:
To become a Non-profit Vendor, please view and download the form below:
To become a Food Vendor, please view and download the form below:
You can make a donation by writing a check payable to “Town of Norton – Founder’s Day Picnic, Attn: Parks and Recreation” and mailing it to 70 East Main St, Norton, MA 02766.
Flying High Dogs
Rick Goldin Performance
Henry the Juggler
Ocean State Pyrotechnics
MOMS Club of Norton
ReMax hot air balloon
Ridge Valley Stables
|5:00 PM||Founder’s Day Kick-off Celebration|
|5:00-9:00 PM||‘Men of Many Hats’ DJ (Grand Field) and live music by Norton High School Jazz Band, Norton High School A Cappella, Vinyl Frontier, Timepiece Quartet and After-School Special (Band Stage)|
|5:00-8:30 PM||Kiddie train rides courtesy of N. Easton Savings Bank, inflatable slide courtesy of Mansfield Bank, rock climbing wall, police and fire dept demonstrations, arts & crafts, petting zoo, pony rides, hot air balloon rides, antique cars, old-fashioned games & much more!|
|5:00-9:00 PM||Food Court (Midway)|
|5:15-6:00 PM||Old Colony Music Together – Interactive Performance for Kids (Grand Field)|
|5:30-7:30 PM||Henry the Juggler (Midway)|
|6:00-6:45 PM||Rick Goldin – Interactive Performance for Kids (Grand Field)|
|6:45 PM||Personal Best Karate Demonstration (Grand Field, near stage)|
|7:00 PM||Blueberry Pie-Eating Contest (Grand Field Stage)|
|7:30 PM||Art in Motion Academy of Dance Performance (Grand Field, near stage)|
|8:00 PM||Circle of Flags Raffle Drawing (DJ booth)|
|8:15 PM||Sgt. Trent Memorial Golf Ball Drop (near NFD Ladder Truck)|
|9:00 PM||Allison Russell – patriotic songs (Band Stage)|
*all times and events subject to change
2016 Event Map: click to view larger
(2017 Event Map to be posted in June)
What is the Norton Founder’s Day Picnic & Fireworks about?
It’s about community. It’s about family. It’s about summer. It’s a follow-up to the success of the Tricentennial Picnic in August 2011. It’s going to be awesome and if you miss it, just like those who missed the Tricentennial Picnic, you’ll be sorry!
Are non-Norton residents welcome?
Of course! Anyone who likes good, old-fashioned family fun is welcome. Anyone who likes coming together as a community is welcome. Anyone who likes celebrating summer is welcome.
Will I be charged admission?
It’s free to attend the picnic. There will be vendors selling items as well as a food court, but we have asked all vendors to keep their prices at a low, old-fashioned picnic rate.
Where should I park?
There will be free parking for the public at the Yelle Elementary and the High School and lots of places along Route 123. There will be designated parking for vendors and volunteers where parking passes will be required.
Will the picnic take place rain or shine?
We are hoping for a beautiful, sunny, summer day… but we do have a rain date set for the following Saturday. Check our website and Facebook page for updates.
What kinds of events and activities will be at the Picnic?
- Bands and a DJ
- A bounce house
- Pony rides
- Antique cars
- Kiddie train rides
- A petting zoo
- A blueberry pie-eating contest for kids and adults
- Fire and police demonstrations
- Dance, music and martial arts demonstrations
- A food court with local vendors, as well as cotton candy, popcorn and water.
- Lots of arts and crafts activities
- Kids’ games and activities on the Grand Field
- A dog training expo
- Performances by local musicians
- And of course, FIREWORKS!
What should I bring?
- A blanket/chairs for your family.
- A cooler with food.
- Cash. While admission is free, there will be an opportunity to purchase food and other goods/services, so you’ll probably want to have some on hand. Everything will be cash only, and there will not be an ATM available.
- Sunscreen and bug spray. Hats and sunglasses.
- A football or other similar toys/games to play with friends you already have and ones you will make.
- A good attitude, ready to have fun.
What should I NOT bring?
- Pets. Please leave Fido at home. But enjoy the petting zoo and the dog training expo!
- A grill. There will be vendors making grilled items available for purchase.
- Smoking materials. The picnic is school grounds and smoking is not allowed.
- Alcohol. Again, it’s on school grounds and drinking of alcohol is prohibited.
What time will the fireworks start?
Since the longest days of the year are in late June, the fireworks will start at approximately 9:10 PM. Make sure you have your spot on the field ready to go with your blankets and chairs well before 9:10.
Can I make a donation to the Picnic and Fireworks for this year or next year?
Yes! Awesome fireworks are expensive, and we’re hoping to make this an annual event. You can make a donation by writing a check payable to “Town of Norton – Founder’s Day Picnic, Attn: Parks and Recreation” and mailing it to 70 East Main St, Norton, MA 02766. There will also be people with buckets collecting cash after the fireworks end.
Hope to see you there!